Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so paul made my tune and i cant get the software to work, ive got live link loaded up but its not recognizing the xcal 3.

it says insert disk but mine never came with one...?

Can someone help me here who has loaded a tune file to an xcal before?

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope no reply from paul nimz yet,

ive got the intake off now replacing wires, unfortunatly stripped a bolt on the coil pack so im going to put everything back to gether and if it still misfires (im almost 100% positive its the wires that are bad) ill cut the bolt off on the coil.

hopefully everything will be fixed and the car will be tuned tonight!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE:

Got the file loaded into livewire but it seems to still not recognize the xcal3

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Go here:
http://www.sctflash.com/tsupdates.php

Scroll down and in box 1 choose: SF3 Ford - P/N: 3015
In box 2 choose: Windows Device Drivers

Click search and download the driver. Run it, then plug in the XCal 3, everything should work from that point.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i know the problem, i cant get the drivers to install.

when i first plugged the xcal in i would get the windows drivers screen but then i think i clicked dont show this, or somethign similar by accident and now when i plug the xcal in, i get the USB tone but it sounds bad, like a normal USB connection tone but it sounds like an error and the windows screen wont show up, any body have ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
What operating system, and how much RAM do you have? If you are using a desktop, make sure the USB cable is plugged into a USB port on the motherboard. The X3's have issues when they are plugged into USB ports on the case.

I had to send my X3 back to SCT. It was with SCT for weeks while they worked to resolve a firmware malfunction. I've got it back and Paul has been consistent in providing updated tunes.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
QUOTE (s2knott @ Mar 10 2009, 11:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=707425
ok so i know the problem, i cant get the drivers to install.

when i first plugged the xcal in i would get the windows drivers screen but then i think i clicked dont show this, or somethign similar by accident and now when i plug the xcal in, i get the USB tone but it sounds bad, like a normal USB connection tone but it sounds like an error and the windows screen wont show up, any body have ideas?[/b]
Is the sound 3 quick chimes? That could mean your usb cable is bad, but it could also mean a host of other things.

For the driver, go to control panel, system, device manager. Scroll through the list and there should be a device with a yellow '!' beside it. It should say unknown USB or something similar. Right click, update driver, and follow the steps, selecting the driver you downloaded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts