Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am relatively new and haven’t had much problems with my 2012 Taurus SEL. I’m post in search of help with installing the trunk release button. I pulled the wiring and button from a 2010 Taurus limited and all the colors for wires and the plugs match up, but with the new wiring installed and the car unlocked or locked I can not get the button to work. I understand that my car did not come with it, but since I replaced the harness to the rear bumper and installed the button that it should work.
Any help or ways to test this would be greatly appreciated, thank you all in advance😊

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured it out. If you don’t have the option with a trunk release button above the license plate, it is super easy to add it. I took the wiring harness, button, and keyless entry antenna from a 2010 Taurus limited and put it on my 2012 SEL. Looks factory. There’s a spot with lines on the inside of the rear bumper that you see once you take it off and you just cut that out and put the button there. Hope this helps someone out!
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive tire Bumper Revolver Gas Air gun
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Bumper Revolver Gas Air gun
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Black Bumper Tread Wood
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Rim
Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper
Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Font
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Bumper Revolver Gas Air gun Automotive tire Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Black Bumper Tread Wood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Rim Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Font

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
564 Posts
Figured it out. If you don’t have the option with a trunk release button above the license plate, it is super easy to add it. I took the wiring harness, button, and keyless entry antenna from a 2010 Taurus limited and put it on my 2012 SEL. Looks factory. There’s a spot with lines on the inside of the rear bumper that you see once you take it off and you just cut that out and put the button there. Hope this helps someone out! View attachment 218966 View attachment 218967 View attachment 218966 View attachment 218967 View attachment 218968 View attachment 218969 View attachment 218970 View attachment 218971 View attachment 218972 View attachment 218966 View attachment 218967 View attachment 218968 View attachment 218969 View attachment 218970 View attachment 218971 View attachment 218972
Thank you for your service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts