Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:goldberg: Hello Guys!

I just arrived  on the site today.

Bought a 93 Taurus last summer 125,000 miles left Idaho for Houston a year ago and had the transmission go in Houston, it was not unexpected I had done some research before buying the car.
Spent the winter around the Southwest and back here to Idaho last spring.
Had a clamp on the heater hose all summer removed it for winter, need to go after that actuator on the air box.
I also need new struts as I carry my tools in the trunk and the headlights point to the sky, no one seems to have any heavy duty or overloads listed?

Yesterday I was driving home and the transmission seemed to go into neutral as I was going about 55 but when I stop it worked fine thru 1st and 2nd then in drive was acting funny again. Stayed off the hiway and took it easy the rest of the way home and the problem seems to have gone away, fluid smells sweet and is full? Any ideas?

If anyone happens to get in a bind around this part of the country give a shout.

Thanks
Skip
From North Idaho
Let's welcome Skip and see if we can get him some assistance!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welcome Skip!

but I've never had problems with my struts or tranny... B)

·
Registered
116 Posts
try some lucas oil trans fix in ur transmission fluid, someone told me it will free up the valves in the transmission and fix it , that was on the lucus site

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cargo coils are made for the rear of Gen 1 and 2 cars, they're available at most parts stores. They're progressive rate, so the more you load them, the stiffer they get. I have a set on my 91 SHO, and they've worked out pretty well. I got mine at Autozone for around $60.

I'm not all that good with automatic transmissions, so I'm not really sure what the problem could be there.

Welcome to the TCCA!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts