Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try and change my water pump myself and I am not sure which way to turn the bolt on the tension pulley. I can turn it to the left but it feels like I am taking the bolt off. I remember with other cars that you turn it to the right and it would move the pulley so you can slip the belt off. Is it the same on the Taurus? I am trying to finish this today or tomorrow and would appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Tx_boy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply but it does not feel right when I turn it to the left cause it seems like it is going to take the bolt out or will it stop and than drop the pulley down so I can slide the belt off and on. I just took the pulley off the pump and that is how I got the belt off but I know it will be a PIA when I try to put it back on so I would like to be able to use the tension pulley when I put it back on. Oh and when I try to click on the links in that word document you attatched it is giving me an error. Do you know how I can get to those links in the word document?
Thanks,
Tx_boy

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The text from the links are included in the last part of the doc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duh did not scroll down that far. I think this one is mine Using a 15 mm socket or wrench on bolt attaching drive belt tensioner pulley, rotate drive belt tensioner clockwise on 3.0L (2V) and 3.0L (2V) FF because when I go to the left it is taking the pulley off. I should use a breaker bar to turn it to the right but I can not fit a socket on the bolt cause I have two hoses that are in the way and I dont have enough room. I have some wrenches but I cant fit my breaker bar over the other end of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can some one help me with getting the belt back on? I can not get the tension pulley to budge! I just need to get the belt on so I can put the rest of it back together. I really appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Tx_boy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts