Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellow members

I'm finally getting around to putting the stereo in my car was wondering if any one has put 6.5 components in the front doors of there taurus mine is a 2001. they are MTX t 1001 also need to run 0 Gauge wires thru firewall any help and pics would be greatly appreciated pics of systeem in my garage

Thnx Dave

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey fellow members

I'm finally getting around to putting the stereo in my car was wondering if any one has put 6.5 components in the front doors of there taurus mine is a 2001. they are MTX t 1001 also need to run 0 Gauge wires thru firewall any help and pics would be greatly appreciated pics of systeem in my garage

Thnx Dave

there half of a inch to big to fit in the cut out hole for the 6x8 inch speakers you can use 5.25 inch speakers like i did with out cutting out the hole bigger. is yours a stick or automatic trans if it is auto column shift there should be a grommet in the center were the shift wire pops threw for the stick shift. that will fit 1/0 gague wire threw. it is low in side the engine bay behind a radiator thing for cooling air condishing coolant off .

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I wouldnt run wire through a grommet that sees motion at all. Let alone a 1/0 gauge wire. Its a real easy way to cause a short out or even worse, a fire.

·
Registered
587 Posts
i think he means a floor shift

your right my bad. by the way the gromet is not being used by any thing they just put it there. if they put in a center colum shifter or a steering colum shifter. so it will have holes for the two and one is not used depending on what he has. never put a live wire neer a moving part, i can see some have learned there lesons lol's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have got 1/0 in my car right now along with 2 c&d batteries through the vehicle. There are way to run it. And also, what will be the best way to install the comps into the doors would be to go ahead find the mounting width of the speaker, then cuthole of the door and compare, then if needed grind away a little bit of the door(if neexed, i gaurantee jot a lot at all). just because they are considered 6.5 doesnt make the mounting width 6.5 inches, just like a sub... my Fi BTL 15 is a 15" sub but the mounting diameter is 14.25"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts