Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gole is to change the Puddle Lights on my 2002 Taurus.
From the White to Blue to match my led's and neons. I need to know if anyone has done this or know how to take off the cover leading to the Puddle Lights.

Ford does not have a listing for this buib, the guy i talk to said it should just be a normal builb thats why it's not listed.

If you know anything please any info would help...

[email protected]

Names Richard , in Youngstown ohio

·
Registered
198 Posts
What is a puddle light?
Is that the courtesy light in the door? Or is that the fancy lights that they are putting in the side view mirrors?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
side view mirror lights... most likely, the lightbulb is like the ones used in your gauge cluster and other interior lights...

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by 99V8SHO@Mar 12 2004, 03:29 PM
What is a puddle light?
After some digging around on google I found two definitions:

"Puddle light - the puddle light is part of the rear light over the license plate
which lights up the ground behind the vehicle when the trunk is unlocked."

-AND-

"Puddle light - A light in the underside of the outside rear-view mirror that
shines down to show you if you’re about to make a soggy mess of your Gucci loafers."

I'm guessing it's the latter.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by Xee+Mar 12 2004, 04:50 PM-->QUOTE (Xee @ Mar 12 2004, 04:50 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-99V8SHO
@Mar 12 2004, 03:29 PM
What is a puddle light?
After some digging around on google I found two definitions:

"Puddle light - the puddle light is part of the rear light over the license plate
which lights up the ground behind the vehicle when the trunk is unlocked."

-AND-

"Puddle light - A light in the underside of the outside rear-view mirror that
shines down to show you if you’re about to make a soggy mess of your Gucci loafers."

I'm guessing it's the latter. [/b]
It is the later... I have them
They are under the mirror
As for changing them, I haven't ventured down that route yet....

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wonder how genIV mirrors would look on a genIII. I like the idea of having lights there. Think I might look into that. Anyone else done it?

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
99, KJ something or other (sorry I forgot your name!) did it... he had a g4 taurus, but bought a g3 and replaced the g3 side mirrors with the g4. looks SWEET. however he didnt have puddle lamps, but he says they are the same type of connection.. so it can probably be done. I'm wanting to replace mine with puddle g4's this summer!

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
i thought about possibly putting puddle lights in my g4, but decided against it. i know there is wiring to my mirrors, but probably none for lighting. the puddle lamps only come on at certain times, and i just dont feel like messing with a wiring adventure like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts