Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 98 Taurus se with 75000 miles on it. Unfortunately the car came with no maintenance records or owners manual. I had the oil changed and transmission flushed, and am planning on flushing the coolant system. I really like the car, smooth ride, nice gas mileage, and handles well. Are there any quirks or inherent problems with this model that I should be on the lookout for? Or any area of the car that requires special maintenance or attention? Your comments or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Alot of taurus owners could give you a list as long as your arm of parts we've all changed on our cars, but that doesn't mean you won't enjoy yours. I enjoyed my 97 LX to the fullest and i intend on getting another one. My biggest problems were transmission valve body (over drive wouldn't engage), power widows, and clogged egr (exhaust gas recirculation) port behind throttle body.

P.S. i'm not the best speller

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The plastic coolant tanks that have the black tops are prone to leak when they age the plastic gets brittle. Make sure they flush the heater core good when they do the coolant flush, reverse flushing the heater core is best, becouse they're prone to having debris build up in them. If a tune up hasn't been done yet, now is the time to do the plugs and wires, as well as change the fuel filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts