Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out the air bag light on my dash is flashing fault code # 44..RH primary crash sensor not mounted properly or ground circuit open.
Does any one know where this sensor is located (pics would help alot! ),and how hard it is to check the ground or if it needs any type of adjustment..

I'm kind of tired of the FLASHING!!!.... :angryfire:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
You can disconnect the bulb in the cluster? :lol:
Primary crash sensor is located between the bumper and radiator. Front and center.ish. Since there are two.
  • 1. Driver air bag Graphite
  • 2. Column shift Graphite
  • 3. Clock spring Atlanta built
  • 4. Sensor Right
  • 5. Sensor Left
  • 6. Monitor
[attachment=30038:97_airbag.gif]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how is the best way access them..from the bottom up... under bumper, or by removing the cover on top of the radiator?

·
Registered
346 Posts
+2 what paul said! Remove your bumper cover and compare the relative flatness of the top
of both sensors to eachother If they are not flat and level then you need to get a firm grasp
on the bracket of the offender and bend it to where it is more flush with the other sensor.
Then go in car and key on and see if your code dissappears! My 97 vulcan/AX4N was in a
front end when I bought it and I was told "you wont fix that" "don't worry about it" etc. etc.
from a certian family member. But me being me I was bound and determined to fix the
problem and so I did :) Since these are out of alignment I'd also recommend while you're
under there you check for accident damage and rust and just give it an overall inspection.
The bumper cover is not extremely difficult to remove. just some bolts. The studs under
the fenders are the hardest thing to it but they're not that bad!

Have a good one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts