Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out yesterday and i acquired a EATC unit from a Ford at a Local Junk Yard, i did not notice it before but this has only one larger connect and mine has 2 smaller ones i do not feel like ripping apart the car and driving 30 to get to the only junk yard that has cars with the eatc setup, is there a adapter that can be acquired or i just plain screwed?

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
If you have the knobs and such, you cannot put the EATC in easily. Basically gotta change a ton of stuff out and rewire a ton of stuff :(

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 1997 sho so i already have a eatc i am doing the eatc mod and i got a F8 series and i have a f6 series

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (lichring @ Apr 25 2009, 05:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720535
I went out yesterday and i acquired a EATC unit from a Ford at a Local Junk Yard, i did not notice it before but this has only one larger connect and mine has 2 smaller ones i do not feel like ripping apart the car and driving 30 to get to the only junk yard that has cars with the eatc setup, is there a adapter that can be acquired or i just plain screwed?[/b]
Heh, I found a 1997 LX at the yard, EATC unit still there, dual plugs...lemme know if you're interested.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
As a side note, can the Gen4.5 EATC/stereo head-unit be added to an '05 with manual temp. controls, or is there an incompatibility with the connections? Just trying to find out if its a mod that's possible to do.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Apr 26 2009, 10:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720722
As a side note, can the Gen4.5 EATC/stereo head-unit be added to an '05 with manual temp. controls, or is there an incompatibility with the connections? Just trying to find out if its a mod that's possible to do.[/b]
It's possible, but you have to re-wire the whole dash.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Apr 26 2009, 12:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720722
As a side note, can the Gen4.5 EATC/stereo head-unit be added to an '05 with manual temp. controls, or is there an incompatibility with the connections? Just trying to find out if its a mod that's possible to do.[/b]
Sure it's possible, but its not simple at all. Wires, vacuum lines, etc. Stick to your manual temp controls or get a SEL w/the EATC.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think i might have solved my issue looking at ebay a dealer has a harness that connects some the connector inside the car to the radio
Ebay Harness
to Answer your question Brian - more work than u want u need to add different door blend sensors hack you harness to bit just to give u a taste here is a link to a Guy who did it too a P71 Vic
Vic P71 EATC

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
:blink: Point taken. Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is it possible to use the stock amp with i would like to do or should i just get the bypass harness and install an amp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts