Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2015 Taurus and as you all know the stock headlight suck. I want to put a HID KIT n what is the best one for the money

·
Registered
2013 Taurus Limited
151 Posts
Not sure if it is the best, I went with GTR Lighting 35W kit using 5k bulbs (got it from Headlight Revolution). Been on the car for a bit under 2 years now and I'm really happy with it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I installed the Morimoto HID kit, from The Retrofit Source | The Best Brands in Automotive Lighting

I tried 2 different places before these , & these are still going strong after 4 years or so. The ones I bought from a local distributor were not that great, & I can't even remember where on the net I bought the other one from, but they were absolute GARBAGE. Didn't last 6 months & they were worse from the start, than the stock HIR bulbs.

These in 35W form are close to factory HID systems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed the Morimoto HID kit, from The Retrofit Source | The Best Brands in Automotive Lighting

I tried 2 different places before these , & these are still going strong after 4 years or so. The ones I bought from a local distributor were not that great, & I can't even remember where on the net I bought the other one from, but they were absolute GARBAGE. Didn't last 6 months & they were worse from the start, than the stock HIR bulbs.

These in 35W form are close to factory HID systems.
I did too, way better than the stock halogen lights and the morimoto work well in the stock projector housings.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the Morimoto kit on for about a year. The lights are really bright. But still issues with bulbs. Ignitor and such. Going out. Switched to Allalighting LEDS. Just as bright working with no problems for over a year, uses stock wiring no other BS. I work the night shift and live out in the country. These are really good.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had the Morimoto kit on for about a year. The lights are really bright. But still issues with bulbs. Ignitor and such. Going out. Switched to Allalighting LEDS. Just as bright working with no problems for over a year, uses stock wiring no other BS. I work the night shift and live out in the country. These are really good.
Where do you get them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts