Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a 2002 car knows when you unlock the doors with the keyless entry. Lights come on under the mirror ..( this link show the mirror

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/...4259_9_full.jpg.

I want to know how do you take off the cover and can this builb be change....

Please help .....

my Email is [email protected]

Ps. What my gole is, I got blue neons all over the car and i want to replace the builbe under the mirror to a bright blue one. just for looks ....

X

·
0 Posts
If there is no way to pop off the lens on the bottom without destroying anything, I think the mirror will have to come off to get to that bulb.

·
Banned
509 Posts
I have a Gen4 with those Approach mirrors.. And I looked under there, and it looks like you can just pop the little light cover off.. possibly with a small flat head screw driver..

Good luck fitting a neon under there....

·
Registered
359 Posts
What is the size of the bulb? There's probably an LED that will fit it. I had puddle lamps on my 99 Explorer. I miss it...

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Originally posted by Mantioch@Jan 13 2004, 03:07 PM
What is the size of the bulb? There's probably an LED that will fit it. I had puddle lamps on my 99 Explorer. I miss it...
Puddle lamps? I have lights under my mirrors on my Explorer. Ford calls them "Security approach lamps" or some BS like that, but they are definitely nice to have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone with a 2002 car knows when you unlock the doors with the keyless entry. Lights come on under the mirror ..( this link show the mirror

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/...4259_9_full.jpg.

I want to know how do you take off the cover and can this builb be change....

Please help .....

my Email is [email protected]

Ps. What my gole is, I got blue neons all over the car and i want to replace the builbe under the mirror to a bright blue one. just for looks ....
[/b]
The lamps assemblys are removable with a flat head screwdriver 2 tabs one on eather side of the lamp you may have to fiddle with it to get it out. My 2003 ses one lamp assembly has spade connertors (the assembly looks like you replace the unit) the other has a silicone soket whch has a replaceable bulb. I am trying to changs the lamps to blue led. havent has luck locating the replaceable one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts