Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys and gals, here's the deal.

So I've done some searching and can't really find a clear cut answer. I know the speakers paired with the Mach RCU are the same as stock but I'm assuming the ones for the JBL aren't? The reason is my driver door speaker went and I have a complete JBL system swapped into my 98. Should I just replace the speaker with a stock one? or swap both door speakers for stockers? Whats the box attached to the JBL speaker, a cross over?

I just want to get my system working again and not damage any of the equipment.

Thanks,
-Mike

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I would go for new speakers. The box probably is a crossover. If you buy coaxial replacement speakers they will usually have an internal crossover, however, I would hook it up the same way your original speakers are.

To run off a JBL system, any reputable brand will work pretty well. Myself, I don't cheap out. I go with the Kenwood Excellon which is one of the lower priced speakers in the high end group. They sound great, they are durable, its one of those things where they just blow cheaper speakers away in terms of both volume potential and the clarity of the sound they produce.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts