Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ive recently inherited a 91 tarus wagon (first car , im 17) its in descent condition. My uncle warned me it leaked fluid, well ive found the leak, its coming from the cooler lines going into and exiting the tranny. How can i fix this, I`m a descent mechanic, im use to working on chevys and dodges but im sure i can hack this if someone would be so kind as to tell me where to get the aprts and what to do. Thanks! :banana: BTW Its got the 3.0 V6 and i think the trannys called an AXOD?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Had the similar problem on my 88 3.0 AXOD only in to & out of radiator. If same, fix is messy but easy. Fittings are brass 'quick release' which screw into radiator or trans. Lines just push in to fitting and are secured by a piece of plastic in the new fitting. Fittings available from dealer. Pretty cheap. Just make sure you are prepared to capture the fluid when you unscrew the old fitting.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dunno. You'll have the fluid out, so that's done. In my case, I'm just trying to keep my grocery hauler on the road (205,000 miles). Tranny coolers are a little beyond my pay level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts