Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Forum! :)
My 99 Taurus SE Duratec DOHC with AX4N Trans has had the following problem for over a year now. Here it is:
After getting to operating temperature, when accelerating from a dead stop, the car hesitates, bucks, and feels like a "dead pedal" until it "catches" and shifts into second. I must feather the pedal gently to avoid it slamming hard into second gear. It does not happen while the engine is cold.

New Parts Installed:
TPS - DPS (Diff Pressure Switch) - Plugs - Wires - Intake Gaskets - Fuel Filter - Fuel Pump - Trans Fluid and Filter (Twice!) - Air Filter
Cleaned Parts:
MAF Sensor - Intake runners - Throttle body - EGR Valve (new gasket)

The car has 197,000 miles on it and my wife drives it every day. A good local mechanic data road tested it and only came up with an O2 error at 60mph. He then said the valves were sticking in the trans after it gets hot and is causing the slipping or hesitation? He changed the fluid and filter again, after I already did about 5 months prior. It did not fix the problem. :(

I know someone on here must have experienced this and knows the cause?! I am desperate to get it fixed right because despite that miles, this car has lots of life left! Please help me?!!
Thanks a million!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Changed the VSS and the problem is solved!! Thanks to Sheila for tipping me off on what to change! I am very pleased that it is operating correctly again after messing with for soooo long!
Cheers! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts