Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post here. I have a 2005 Taurus SE with 109,000 miles on it. I've experienced some odd behavior with the horn and alarm and was hoping that someone here might be able to explain it.

A few months ago the horn quit working. I really didn't care too much and didn't do anything about it. I checked the fuse for the horn and it was good.Two days ago the battery died, so I replaced it. The horn still didn't work. Today, my wife woke me up (I work nights) because while she was driving it, the alarm went off and the horn was working. She drove the car home and the alarm went off intermittently along the way - though the engine still ran. I checked the car out and the horn now works fine. I couldn't see any other problems. The key fob works, the panic alarm works.

Any ideas? Keep in mind that I know nothing about the Taurus specifically, but I work on motorcycles so I can fix most things myself and would like to do what I can with this Taurus before involving the dealership.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
What is the VIN on this car? 1FA (F/H)P53 or 1FA(F/H)P56? If it's a P53 it has some kind of aftermarket alarm installed. The panic button really isn't alarm, it just pulses the horns and lights. You can still use a slim jim to pop the door and you would hear nothing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts