Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what's wrong. I am listening to some songs today, and the sound is a little low, and to find out the 2 back speakers aren't working all of a sudden. Nothing has changed that I know of. I just got back from vacation. This computer has one of those surround sound things. The sub is working fine, as are the 2 front speakers. The back speakers(satellites) I hear no sound from. The main speakers with the volume control I don't hear sound from either, but the volume knob is working fine. I checked all the plugs to everything, and they are hooked up fine. Everything is on, I checked the audio properties, and I see no changes or anything wrong. Anyone have a clue? Could it be a fuse or something to those speakers? All of the speakers are connected in back of the sub.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I dont know if you checked this already in your audio properties but ther eis one thing to try. If you have Windows XP, go into Control Panel and then Sound and audio devices. On the first tab that opens (volume tab) go down to the speaker settings and click advanced. Depending on how many channels your sound card has, have some music runnin in the background and check with each of the settings in that drop down box that most likely applies to your speaker setup. 4 channel card, which has two audio out plugs on the back uses quadraphonic. If you got 3 try 5.1 surround sound. Pm/Email if you need more help

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it is already set for 5.1, I checked it. I tried 7.1, didn't change any. They worked fine before we left for vacation, I don't know what could of happened.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Maybe there was some sorta power surge from a lightning storm?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts