Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the speaker wire on my gen 4 and I need to run my wire through the doorpiece where the stock wires come through. I am aware of the detailed guide on how to install the wires through it and I understand that part but I cannot figure out how to take it off of the door in the first place or how to open it to run the wire through.
Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Can't answer your question but route your power wire through the firewall, door jamb is not the best place to have that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Umm.. you don't have to take the door completely off.. that would be a major PITA. I believe there is a bolt or two and then you should just be able to pop it up.

In order to do it right, you need to take the door panel off w/ speaker so you can stick your fingers in there and pop it out from the inside.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I am replacing the speaker wire on my gen 4 and I need to run my wire through the doorpiece where the stock wires come through. I am aware of the detailed guide on how to install the wires through it and I understand that part but I cannot figure out how to take it off of the door in the first place or how to open it to run the wire through.
Thanks in advance for any help
If you are talking about the black cup looking thing, there are two bolts to remove IIRC. One that holds the cup thingy onto the door and then onto of the cup thingy. Undoing that bolt will allow the cup to separate into 2 pieces undoing the electrical connections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts