Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

Watched a bunch of youtube on this. Was successful in opening a hatch to the fuel pump through the back seat. This is a project I have been putting off. (see photo).

I understand the process and have the new pump to replace in the sending unit. My issue is the two electrical lines to the pump. There is not enough slack to ease out the pump and I cant see where I would disconnect the connectors? I'm guessing I must jack it up and access the plugs from underneath?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Max

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Headgear Font

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: I was anble to finf the Passanger side connector by the fuel filter. Still have to figure out how to release it. So, could use advice regarding the cable going to the rear. Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks, cutting the wires are an option but i'd rather first see if the rear connector is accessible to remove. I believe the black cable just goes to the rear of the tank.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE:

In case this helps others. I unwrapped the loom wrap covering the wires. I only disconnected the forward connector located under the rear passenger side, next to the fuel filter. I could not get to the rear connector. This gave me enough slack to replace the pump.

Tip,

I tied a string to the connector so i could more easily snake the connector back in place. There is no extra slack to reconnect otherwise.

Blue Electrical wiring Gas Personal protective equipment Wire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts