Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone;

I was checking up some other chip and they suck and doesn't have some features like the one Alberto has, so it worth the money to get one of his chip. I do a lot of city/highway driving and my mileage its getting really bad so I know with this chip I will get better mileage. I've seen already some of you installed Alberto's chip. Probably this question has been going around the forums but I want to wake my Vulcan power with this chip. I went to AmericanMotorsport web site and I was wondering which its the differences of the Single Program, MicroTuner and the Multi Program Chip, so in his web site says that the Multi Program has "6 positions (it holds up to 4 custom programs, the stock program and has an anti-theft mode) - It includes 2 custom programs. Each additional program is $25 (can have up to 4 in addition to stock).

1.) What does it mean you could have 6 programs with this?
2.) Could set the mph you want to go in any gear?
3.) Does the chip removes the speed limiter?
4.) Whats the 92 program or 87, etc?

Can anyone could answer my questions ... Anyways I'll be getting the chip though no matter what.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can pm Alberto and get a response in a reasonable amount of time. That's the best way to get your answers.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
1. You could have one program strictly for performance, one for fuel economy, one stock, etc.

2. Alberto will change the shift points, so yeas, the speeds at which the gears shift will change.

3. Yes, the chip will remove the speed limiter.

4. That is the octane of the fuel that is needed for the program. The 92 octane program will give you more Hp. Th 87 octane program will be more economic.

G

·
Originally posted by Ict_Lx@Aug 3 2004, 12:55 PM
How much would this chip cost compared to say a diablo?
Not sure what the Diablo's go for, but it doesn't matter. Even if the Diablo was half the price of Alberto's, you're comparing apples to oranges. Alberto's chip and programming work is much better.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sent Alberto an email explaining and asking about the chip and he answered in a very detailed way and he seems a nice guy to deal with so now I understand everything plus some of you have done answering my questions. Well it seems Alberto's chip fits my need so Im going to buy the Microtuner probably this week. Therefore, with this chip my Vulcan Powah will wake up much better now and plus the mileage will be much better. Thank you everyone for the responses :notworthy:

Thanks in advance

Frank.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Read my thread from a few days ago. Take it from another Vulcan driver, its WORTH EVERY SINGLE CENT! You will be impressed, especially on the freeway when you are passing/merging.

·
Registered
920 Posts
The Diablo Chip I looked at cost around $300 for three programs. How do I get ahold of Alberto?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
[email protected] is his email address.

Diablo doesn't change as much as parameters as American Motorsport. It doesn't even compaire. If you are going to run premium gas, you might as well get all the benifits of the AMS program.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Aug 3 2004, 08:29 PM
I am ordering mine this week. So stay tuned!

Sal
I say this having the same make/model and year as you Sal. You will love your chip/mirotuner that you get from AMS. By far the best money i have spent on modding my car. If you are anything like me you'll have to watch that speedo the first day or so until you adjust to the change. I was constantly speeding (more then normal) due to the increased power i got from my reprogram and god i love the shifting after it also. ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've been happy with mine too. Got the microtuner and the two programs.
Fuel economy and performance, and it has been working nicely. depending on your future plans I would recommend the microtuner for the flexablity of reprogramming when necessary. I recently had been using the performance and it was nice. Kinda sad when I went back to fuel economy but I'm getting ready for the gas price jump for the summer. Now only if they had higher octance in California.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts