Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than two years ago, I replaced the rotors, calipers, brake pads, and associated small hardware. Starting hearing a grinding noise, so pulled it apart and noticed that the pads were eaten up, rotor was scored. I then replaced all parts last week again on passenger side and bled the brakes. Today wife is driving home and smelled something and not long after it started making the same noise all over again. Noticed the rim is also very hot. So it tells me its dragging still. The driver side is not having any issues. What would cause one caliper to drag and not the other? I believe that since we replaced all parts last week, it is unlikely to be the new caliper. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
A bad brake line can do it. It will collapse internally and act like a 1-way valve with the fluid. You did grease the slider pins right?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did grease the slider pins. As soon as it cools off I will look at the brake line.

·
Registered
23,350 Posts
^+1 on collapsed rubber brake hose(s) as being the possible problem. I would also pull all 4 slider pins out of the rears, clean them off and slather them with anti-seize compound and reinstall.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it very much seems like it was the brake hose as more volume of fluid per pedal push came out when i bleed them this time around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts