Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this rack:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7910781765

for my 1996 Ford Taurus LX. I checked autozones site and the racks between 1996 and 1998 are the same between the Vulcan and the Duratec...

My car is sitting at the garage and the rack that I purchased is not compatible... they said there is not spot on it for some kind of pressure return hose...

The part number they gave me, it could not be read clearly, was:

RF F8D?-3550-aa

? = a C or G

Any idea's?? I cannot find anyracks with "3550" in them
Is it possible my car is equiped with SHO steering?
Anyone else run into this??

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok it turns out that is wasnt anything to do with the hoses, it was miscommunication between workers and manager....ect. The rack i received was defective, the mounting holes and other spots were not threaded at all from the factory... If any of you looked here to help me I appreciate it, but as far as I know everything is ok now.

~Chris

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The part number ends with ccrm, meaning it wasnt ford direct...came from a parts engineering place of some sort.... Obivously the part was never finished. Hopefully they'll refund my money...they did state it was in "mint condition". The shop got me a rack from NAPA for $220.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check yours and see if it has threads... Dirtcheap #?? Says they havent had any complaints about any yet...If you bought it from them they will probably refund or replace it if yours is defective as well... I told them it wasnt the right one and they emailed me back almost instantly and contacted there supplier, I just let them know it was a bad part...Someone this one slipped through QC...**** happens, what are you gonna do...I ended up paying $100 more than i expected, not to big of a difference...at least this rack has a warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts