Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone im new to this forum and have a prob with my car it is a 98 gl first of all my door ajar light stays on witch iv already read on this forum that some wd40 will fix and will b giving a try. but my main prob is that my power steering cuts out when the car gets worm and sense my door ajar light is always on i noticed that the steering cuts out and at the same time the door light cuts out to but when the light comes back on i gt my power steering back someone please help

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
hey everyone im new to this forum and have a prob with my car it is a 98 gl first of all my door ajar light stays on witch iv already read on this forum that some wd40 will fix and will b giving a try. but my main prob is that my power steering cuts out when the car gets worm and sense my door ajar light is always on i noticed that the steering cuts out and at the same time the door light cuts out to but when the light comes back on i gt my power steering back someone please help
Check the belt. Belt slip causes loss of PS and alternator.

-chart-

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
.....and check the ps fluid level. Be sure to spray the latches at the end of the doors liberally with the wd-40. Radio, power windows and locks working ok?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yhe belt and fluids r good and today the windows and locks cut out when the power steering does and notived it only happen when the car is in gear not in park or nuetral so its gta b somthn elecrical open to any suggestions

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
sounds like the trs is going bad.
transmission range sensor aka neutral safety switch, on top of trans under the shift linkage.

·
Super Moderator
8,591 Posts
+1 for the TRS taking a dump.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Black plastic switch/sensor atop the tranny under the corrugated air hose. Probably a write-up in the topic finder at the top of this page. Click on it and scroll down to transmissions. Or check the wiki or do a search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts