Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying Im completely lost. It all started when i went to change the headunit in my sisters ford taurus. I forgot to disconnect the battery before pulling the unit. when i was working on it i herd a pop and noticed a spark. Well after that i noticed the dome light started flashing on and off on and off. You could also hear a relay clicking under the dash at the same time the lights would shut off. i also noticed that the highbeam indicator is on but very dim even when the car is completely off. i looked at all the fuses under the dash and under the hood.

After awhile the lghts would stay on when the door was shut but as soon as you opened it they cut off, also when the door is shut(lights on) and you move the dimmer control all the way up the light turns off?

im at my wits end
please does anyone have any idea what it could be
its my sisters car and shes going to FREAK out tomarrow when she wakes up and the car is still in pieces and acting KRAZY

thanks everyone for any help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also noticed when the dome light shuts off the window controls stop working too, when they come back on the windows start working

1 - 3 of 3 Posts