Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have a 2006 Taurus that I am having misfire issues w/ ... When it first died it wouldn't start... then it started but ran like poo.... got codes P0351 thru 0354... changed the coil and reset codes... engine was still misfiring and would not rev over 4000 rpm...
The Battery posts are totally clean and no corrosion around connections either..... (others have suggested battery... seems fine)

I hooked up a timing light to the wires and numbers 3 & 4 are not flashing?? So I am assuming that they are the 2 cylinders not firing... would this be bad plugs or bad wires?

How common is the ignition module failure on the PCM?? I really hope that I don't need a new one for this car as I am sure it is expensive.....

Any help is appreciated..

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update... Disconnected battery and left off a few mins. it did seem to run a little better and the engine light never came on but still not running smooth and now the A/C does not work?? This is Florida I need Air!!! lol
Going back to look at posts in forums but don't remember ever seeing a definite fix post...

Thanks again...

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
The codes you posted were coil pack trouble codes, so maybe pull the coilpack & take it with you for a bench test.

They are known to crack & you being in Fla. if close to the beach & salt water spray, & heavy condensation, you could get electrical break down easily.

If you don't want to pull the coilpack, you could try a wet down test with a spray bottle of water at night & look for arcing & sparking & rough idle, as you spray each section of the coil pack & plug wires.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
If you replace the coil, do not use a aftermarket part. Other members have nothing but trouble with most aftermarket coils on these cars, with the exception of Screamin Demon coils, of which are special order premium racing coils. Go Motorcraft or Screamin Demon with the coil packs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts