Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2003 DOHC 24 Valve Duratec with 224000 miles on it and I am glad to say it

is running good except for....

When I turn the air on, the temp gauge goes from in the middle to between 3/4 and Full Hot.

Both fans are working and I actually replaced them with ones off another Taurus that had about 15000 miles less and good fans and it did not help.

Was wondering, does it have to do with a bad thermostat or what?

It also has had a louder fan sound even before I replaced the two, sounds like my fan clutch that went out on my wife's old Envoy. Checked both fans and they are working. The sound decreases after it stills and idles a bit but then comes back on. It even sounds like it is coming from more down below by the air dam it is louder than from the topside.

Thanks for the help in advance......

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
QUOTE (Jamaica1997 @ May 29 2009, 09:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728930
Have a 2003 DOHC 24 Valve Duratec with 224000 miles on it and I am glad to say it

is running good except for....

When I turn the air on, the temp gauge goes from in the middle to between 3/4 and Full Hot.

Both fans are working and I actually replaced them with ones off another Taurus that had about 15000 miles less and good fans and it did not help.

Was wondering, does it have to do with a bad thermostat or what?

It also has had a louder fan sound even before I replaced the two, sounds like my fan clutch that went out on my wife's old Envoy. Checked both fans and they are working. The sound decreases after it stills and idles a bit but then comes back on. It even sounds like it is coming from more down below by the air dam it is louder than from the topside.

Thanks for the help in advance......[/b]
What's the cooling system's story? Last flush? Water pump condition? Original T-stat? Some places to check. Find what it's not, and you're left with what it is. The Taurus AC/Heating system is built to handle that load on a hot summer day, so, something simple is out of whack. Why did you replace the fans? They're electric, they work or they don't. Is the coolant temp sensor good? If a fan blade is chipped or cracked, they will vibrate with a howl from being out of balance. Awesome miles!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts