Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I need to find the remote wire for my 2002 ford taurus SES with the standard AM/FM CD player. I have checked the RCU and the HU for a remote wire and I cannot find it. All I can find that might work is the switched ignition wire but I would rather have a remote/power antennae wire. My car does not have a power antennae. Any hints here or wiring diagram/ color codes would be great. Please Help.

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
IIRC, on 96-02 models, you should tap the Brown/Orange wire on the RCU for the amp turn-on lead. This wire is for power antenna, and all the pre-03 models should have it, even if they didn't come with power antenna. Ford deleted the wire by 2003, AFAIK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no brown/ orange wire. my rcu has two plug that go into it one gray one black. is it possible that my 02 is a late model and that they already deleted it. thanks. any other possibilities. i am going to double check all wires for a possible remote. there has got to be one.

matt

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I have no brown/ orange wire. my rcu has two plug that go into it one gray one black. is it possible that my 02 is a late model and that they already deleted it. thanks. any other possibilities. i am going to double check all wires for a possible remote. there has got to be one.

matt
Its in one of those two plugs. look for the brown/orange (two color striped) wire in one of those connectors. It should be there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
in my 02 i just found the amp in my trunk and unpluged the main powering plug from it and tested the pins on plug to see what had power to it when key was on.Mine was a solid green with a black stripe on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts