Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed rear brake on my 2000 taurus several times. so I think I know how to do it on 2008.

I am totally lost this time. My problem is I can not turn the piston back. now my car is jacked up outside to wait the sunrise of tomorrow.

First, I have special tool from Harborfreight to turn piston.
Second, I opened brake bleeding screw.

So, what should I do? do I have to release the parking brake cable? I never release it when I change 2000 brake.

In 2000, I turn the piston clockwise. I read the Taurus manual of 2000, and it also says turn clockwise. But it does not turn at all.

But I can turn it counterclock wise, but it seems that it does not go back in if I turn it counterclock.

Any advise is welcome.

Now I am doing the passergen side of rear brake.

Thank you so much.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any tips of placing that tension pad if I need turn it counter clock. I think the design of the tool is for clock wise, so does that tention pad. So, any trick for puting the tention pads.

thanks alot.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My 2000 TREX had left CW and right CCW

See my recent post. Used the "cube" with multiple **** on it and a 3/8" extension and 1/2" drive socket wrench. Removed rotor and replaced bolts on pins and caliper mounting bolts (13 and 15mm) on caliper to gail leverage while turning and compressing piston. Was a PITA but doable.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
...Or get the round ford disc with **** on it from napa or oreilly. Its 3/8" dr. you can turn cw or ccw with a ratchet and ext.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts