Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the radiator hoses for my '01 Duratec Taurus available from the parts stores? My bottom radiator hose looks like it is the original, and since I've owned the car since 2002, I think it is.

I went to AutoZone, but the picture they had in their system looked nothing like the bottom radiator hose in my car. And I don't really see anything that looks familiar out on Rock Auto, either.

Anyone bought theirs at Advanced, OReilly's, or anywhere else?

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
I had to go to FoMoCo for my '00 lower hose, the one with the pipe, everyone else had the hoses to splice on but not the pipe which was my problem due to rust.
Just saw a post about using a long flex hose here on the board the other day instead of using the expensive OEM part.

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
Hose

I had to go to FoMoCo for my '00 lower hose, the one with the pipe, everyone else had the hoses to splice on but not the pipe which was my problem due to rust.
Just saw a post about using a long flex hose here on the board the other day instead of using the expensive OEM part.
Yea flex hose for the older DOHC with pump in front. That is a classic good idea. :p

-chart-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts