Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Taurus SE wagon with the 3.0 vulcan. It has 14600 miles on it and seems to run good. except for the fact it is very noise inside the car when you give it gas. You dont really here it out side the car but inside the car it is loud. The only way i can discribe it is it sounds like the motor is reving very high and harsly. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
If it's a harsh sound that doesn't speed up or slow down much with the engine, it might be the catalytic converter heat shield. The mounts rust through and the steel shield drops and buzzes on the cat.

Beyond that, we'll need more description -- where's the sound seem to come from? Does it sound higher-pitched at high speeds, then grind down to nothingness when you stop at a light? Etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Sound goes with the rpms. if you rev the car in park you here it sitting in the cab coming from behind the dash area in the middle of the car.If you take off at full throtel the nise is hars and you also here like an acseriorie or something winding in the back grouns at rpms over 3800. but if you rev the car and stand out side you do not here it.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
maybe a small hole in your exhaust?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
maybe a small hole in your exhaust?
[/b]

I was thinking the same thing, you might have an exhaust leak somewhere. Try checking around your flanges and stuff. If it is leaking somewhere and been leaking for a while, you should see some black residue around the source of the leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts