Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a G2 wagon 1994 with a vulcan and I have no heat, I tried to solve this with the following repairs: Thermostat, water pump, and a basic flush. The heater core hoses are hot and warm to the touch sometimes, and others its hot and barely warm. However, I think that my blend door is not working. How do I get to the blend door to move it. I have looked up under the dash to see if I see a lever moving and when I change the temp, I see nothing moving. Any suggestions, please help!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am not sure what a blend door acuator looks like on a '94, but on a '96 and an '02 they look alike. They are small,white and squarish. They are the part that controls the blend door movement. If you look under your dash in the radio area you and see it. Right behind it is a black,very fragile, plastic lever that this acuator moves up/down as you turn the temp dial. If you cant see this process taking place then either your actuator or lever is probably at fault. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROBLEM!

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
I paid for mine, but I think clothes hangers work too.
Clothes hangers (wire), 10-penny nails, whatever ya got. They're pretty easy to get out. I refuse to ever buy the overpriced "keys" from anybody....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the "keys" however, I could not find anything, I took out the glovebox, the radio/cupholder, ashtray assembly etc, and all I find was the fresh air vent, and the one to switch where the air goes...I am buying a little portable heater this week, hopefully that will make it bearable.

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you are going to buy a portable heater that plugs into the cig. lighter take it from me and dont waste your money! Those things are nothing but a joke!

·
Registered
23,350 Posts
Actuator should be a white or black plastic square a little bigger than a deck of cards attached to the plenum ductwork with 3-4 mount bolts (screws) and an elec. conn. roughly behind the radio.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok I will look again eventually. I got one of those stupid plug in ones, It warms the car up a little, and keeps the ice off the windsheild, so I am happy for now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts