Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a 1990 ford taurus GL and i am preparing it for a Demolition derby and i was trying to remve my front bumber because you cant have any plastic on the vehical for demo. i was also trying to deploy the airbag cuz u cant have that either. then i jumped in the car and tried to fire it up to move it. nothing. it turns over but acts like it doesbt have any gas. but it has a full tank!!! :unsure:
i gotta get this ready for a competition. i know there is a thing that you have to bypass but where is it?? i dont know, im not that exprirenced with all the electronic stuff.

please help me. i know that you guys ae into the oppisite of what i am doing. but please help a fellow taurus owner!!!
thanks.
Ryan

·
Registered
389 Posts
The fuelpump cutoff is located (usually) in the right rear corner of the car (trunk, or the cargo area of a wagon).

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Don't you need to get that "full" tank of gas out of it before the derby?

Mike
B)

·
Registered
389 Posts
So, you're going to disable that, right? Everytime you get hit, it's going to kill the car otherwise. Heck, as a prank, go smack the quarter panel of a Taurus in a parking lot (not that I would ever do or condone such a thing), :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well u have to run witha full tank becuase that leaves less room for vapors in the tank. remomber, vapors cause the fire not the acuall gass itself.

yes i am goin to eliminate it by finding the hot wire and bypassing it to the nuetral wire.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by DemoDriver@Jul 23 2004, 11:50 PM
well u have to run witha full tank becuase that leaves less room for vapors in the tank. remomber, vapors cause the fire not the acuall gass itself.

yes i am goin to eliminate it by finding the hot wire and bypassing it to the nuetral wire.
If you remove the carpet in the trunk, the inertia switch is on the left side. Remove the switch, and jumper or solder the leads together for a permanent solution.

Which reminds me...
Lucas, Vanessa needs a new inertia switch. I still have the old switch and connector. :oops:
For the record, I bought her that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts