I've lost power to a bunch of things.

Door Unlock/lock
Windows
Trunk
Glove Compartment Light
Wipers

Everything else still works
Headlights, Gauge Lights, Power Seat. Cig. Lighter

I was connecting the AC plugs back into my Metra adapter (to have air while driving around before wiring the stereo) and I guess 2 wires must have touched, I didn't diconnect my batt because I was lazy.

Am I screwed?

(edited, added wipers)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Check your fuses.

When I installed my newest head unit, I popped the fuse that provides power for the cluster and the stereo. They may have changed it for the Gen IV.

JR

·
Registered
157 Posts
When you check the fuses, make sure you check the ones under the hood too. One of those blew when we were installing a CD player in my friend's Taurus, and his gauge lights went out.

Edit: (Nevermind, Brad clicked submit before me :p )

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My gauge lights still work though.

I'm checking just about everyone because it wasn't any of the ones I thought it might be.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I bought a new stereo in my gen 3....then i realized there is a stereo fuse under the hood....

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
When it happened to me, I didn't realize that there was a link between the speedo and the radio. Once I pulled out of my garage, then I realized it. I hunted through every fuse to find the right one, and finally got it replaced. If it is that fuse, up the amperage on the fuse slightly. I think I went up to like 7.5 amps or something. Fuse hasn't blown nor has the wiring melted...yet!

JR

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got worried because it wasn;t any of the fuses that made sense to me, it ended up being the Wiper Motor fuse. Everythings working fine now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like you blew a fuse!

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts