Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I start? I'm working on my niece's 2002 Taurus. She called me and said it would not run. When I got there I found several issues. Her husband had drilled a hole in the front cat., the high DPFE hose was blown off and the negative battery cable was so rusted it broke, She had taken it to a shop the week prior and they replaced the rear cat.
I replaced the front two cats along with fixing the battery terminal. I installed a new DPFE hose. At this point I thought I was good. The car started an idled great. Then I drove it. No power. I wouldn't rev past 1800 rpms. The engine light came on for the first time and all I got was a P1400. I replaced the DPFE and silicone hoses and nothing. Same issues. Thinking about a clogged exhaust system I cut the pipe in front of the resonator which eliminates the resonator, pipe and muffler. I started in again it would not rev past 1800 rpm. I need a little help on this I'm going nuts here! :unsure:

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.