Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I was given the car for free from a friend who was moving out of state and wasnt taking it. It is a 99 se with 159k on it. I have replaced the coolant tank and the coolant isnt really that bad lil on the dingy green side but not to bad. The car runs rough only when idling and seems to run fine when driving. It kinda starts hard and then after awhile of driving and it idles at a stop it will start act like it is going to die then rev back up and then if you give it gas its good for awhile. Anyways I changed the oil and it wasnt milky or anything kinda smelt gassy but still dark and not frothy. so i started it up after it was on the ramps for a few hours after the oil change was done and give it a lil gas. I noticed that the area under the exhaust had a big spot when looked like it blew some moister out the pipe. It was cool that night and the exhaust felt very steamy but didnt have any unusual odor. I noticed the car is got a small drip that comes down after sitting nd drips from the front at converter. So is it my head gasket i have no clue... Please help any insight would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Grab a compression tester. That'll tell you if its the head gasket or rings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts