Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0 V6

Everything seems to be quite smooth while driving, feeling as if I got a pretty good deal all things considered in this economy. It does shake just a little bit while idle at stop signs/lights (nothing crazy, but a little noticeable) so I plan on checking the motor mounts/replacing the spark plugs etc. I did notice that there was a hose on the back left of my engine that was disconnected that I'd like to figure out what it is supposed to be connected to. I've attached a picture of the whole engine with the location of the hose (top left). I'm just trying to figure out what the hose's name is/function and what it is supposed to be attached to. Thank you in advance.

Zach
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Car
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Car Automotive fuel system
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
04 Taurus SES Vulcan
162 Posts
btw if you get the replacement, it comes bent into a rectangle. do not try to straighten it! attach to sprayers first, then let it dangle and fix the other end onto the stud as it hangs. The coil is what allows the hood to open without stressing the hose.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Thank you so much! Had absolutely no clue what it was.
If you open the hood often, the OE will snap. Pic I have used on mine more than one of my herd of Bulls. And a Lin Cont.
I get the clear hose from scrap coffee perc. They use this soft hose with spring hose clamps. The hose if super flexible and will last a long time. OE gets too hard and brittle.
-chart-

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts