·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Year: 97 Wagon

Model Number:
F6DF-18C851-BB

Doesn't appear to be MACH or JBL
Although it does have the heatsinks around it.
I have sail speakers however they have no JBL/MACH stickers.
Any ideas which version it is? I need to replace the RCU as my entire passenger side audio is much quieter than the drivers.
:(

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Don't take this wrong - I raise it only because it's the kind of thing I regularly overlook -- have you tried balancing the L-R outputs with the balance control?

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
With the heatsinks and being from a '97 (assuming it's original), it almost certainly has to be a Mach. Maybe it's the wagon bracket making it look different? I think all the pics I've seen around here were with sedan brackets.

I have seen a few Mach RCUs with JBL stickers on them for some reason as well :dunno: If it's got heatsinks, it's not the base RCU. The base one just looks like a little sheetmetal box.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That part number is for a 1996 model year vehicle. Interesting. Get some pictures for us if you want.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 2 2009, 07:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714795
That part number is for a 1996 model year vehicle. Interesting. Get some pictures for us if you want.[/b]
I will have pictures tomorrow, the car was an early 97 so i'm sure everything was made in 96.

Yes I have tried the L-R balance. It's much much quieter on the right than the left.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It could be the wagon premium sound that we found a while back... it was the option for the wagon since the wagon could not have the JBL sub

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (Andrew L @ Apr 2 2009, 11:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714860
It could be the wagon premium sound that we found a while back... it was the option for the wagon since the wagon could not have the JBL sub[/b]
Part # for that is F6DF-18C851-DE.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are pictures:

various markings:

Random quick disconnect I located today near driver side rear wheel hub:

any idea what this is for? my guess is car phone?
location of found QD:

Disregard blue/silver speaker wire, I did that myself as an attempted remedy of the volume levels (unsuccessful)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I remember seeing a 96 Sable sedan at the junkyard, Chicago built, with that same box. Had a quick connect for a power antenna too. It definitely is not a MACH or JBL RCU, but it is certainly different. I wonder if that was for vehicles with car phones?

That quick connect you have pictured is for your CD changer.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
That's the std radio amp.
Some of the std radio models had that small side of cooling fins.
You're looking at about 12 watts total. :)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 3 2009, 06:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715022
I remember seeing a 96 Sable sedan at the junkyard, Chicago built, with that same box. Had a quick connect for a power antenna too. It definitely is not a MACH or JBL RCU, but it is certainly different. I wonder if that was for vehicles with car phones?

That quick connect you have pictured is for your CD changer.[/b]
Car Phone models have a separate box mounted above the RCU

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts