Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys can anyone tell me where can I find these parts? Tried ebay for years with no luck! (The dealear won't have any either and if they had it would cost a fortune!).

It's the parts circled in yellow, caps and covers.

Would also love to get my hands on a EEC-IV diagnostic plug lid. And any other 86" LX stuff!

List:
-Distribuitor Dust Cap
-IAC cover
-Alternator belt cover
-Small cap that goes on the piston like thing on the engine. (Not a very technical explanation!)
-EGR pressure sensor frame/holder.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'll grab all those for you at the yard on Saturday (weather permitting) or the following weekend. About a half dozen Gen 1s are at the yard right now. Plus I saved parts off my old 87 I scrapped.

Need to confirm though...
what do you want off of the EGR system? The pipe that goes down to the exhaust? Or the actual EGR or?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll grab all those for you at the yard on Saturday (weather permitting) or the following weekend. About a half dozen Gen 1s are at the yard right now. Plus I saved parts off my old 87 I scrapped.

Need to confirm though...
what do you want off of the EGR system? The pipe that goes down to the exhaust? Or the actual EGR or?
Heeey! Thanks!

I actually just need a little bracket/plate that holds the EGR Transducer (Black box behind EGR). Some mechanic must have lost it some how. I will also be needing a water vacum junction box if you see one it's the thing that splits the hoses that go to the water nozzles.

I can't thank you enough can't go myself since I live in Costa Rica!

Restoring a Gen 01 is painful if you are trying to find everything new, but I'm hoping to start a little blog like post here with my progress!

I will try and take some screen shots of the microcat it's not letting me!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'm picking up an 87 GL 3.0L wagon on Sunday...starting fresh with it. Restoring that one.

I'll make a list and see what I can grab for you. I left the IAC cover in the trunk of my 87, but the prior owner painted it red....
-Distribuitor Dust Cap
-IAC cover
-Alternator belt cover
-Engine torque strut cover (screws on)
-EGR pressure sensor frame/holder (black box)
-Water vacuum junction box for sprayer (v)

Postage will be fun on this I bet... haha.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm picking up an 87 GL 3.0L wagon on Sunday...starting fresh with it. Restoring that one.

I'll make a list and see what I can grab for you. I left the IAC cover in the trunk of my 87, but the prior owner painted it red....
-Distribuitor Dust Cap
-IAC cover
-Alternator belt cover
-Engine torque strut cover (screws on)
-EGR pressure sensor frame/holder (black box)
-Water vacuum junction box for sprayer (v)

Postage will be fun on this I bet... haha.
Hahaha that sure sounds like a fun package. I have them mailed to miami usually and then they forward it to me.

No problem about the IAC if you don't see any other one I'll take the red and restore it! Trying to get this 86" to original mint condition it's hard! We don't have sites like www.bimmer.com and RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog like BMW's have which are so so handy.

Keep us posted with the progress on the wagon I have a lot of tech literature and some parts too in case you ever need anything.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way If I can help you or anyone else here with diagrams of their Fords I'd be glad!

Here are the pics of the junction thingie and the bracket.

I don't think there are other fittings besides that junction....Need to get my washers working again!

PS: Just FYI that junction box should read "S" isntead of "5" on the part number!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
OK here's what I grabbed today:
-Distribuitor Dust Cap
-IAC cover
-Alternator belt cover

I still need to get a cap for the shock torque strut, the V for the washer jets, and a bracket for a EGR. There are zero 86-89 3.0Ls at the yard with this bracket, they all lack an EGR. However there are some 3.8s, and slightly newer vulcans, so maybe the bracket from an 90/91 OHV or a Gen 2 OHV will work?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK here's what I grabbed today:
-Distribuitor Dust Cap
-IAC cover
-Alternator belt cover

I still need to get a cap for the shock torque strut, the V for the washer jets, and a bracket for a EGR. There are zero 86-89 3.0Ls at the yard with this bracket, they all lack an EGR. However there are some 3.8s, and slightly newer vulcans, so maybe the bracket from an 90/91 OHV or a Gen 2 OHV will work?

Oh man thanks!!!!!!! I appreciate it so much been looking for those parts for ages.

I guess a newer bracket would work!

Well again can't thank you enough let me know if you find it next time you go or if not how much I will owe you for shipping :)

This definitevely makes my mood better after my old bmw resto project engine broke yesterday spring broke in 3 parts hit piston and damaged cyl wall beyond repair...

Cheers!

Konrad.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
OK I have everything....bracket w/screw, junction box, torque strut/engine strut cover (1), and all the other stuff.

Shoot me an email nick(nine)(eight)(six) a(T) gm.ail (d.o.t.) com.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts