Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Vulcan and I need to replace the small diameter coolant hose that runs from the top of the reservoir to the top of the radiator. Attached are a couple pictures.

Depending on who I ask, I get one of these two part numbers:

YF1Z8276AA
F6DZ8075B

The part number on the old hose is mostly worn off. I think it says 8276, but I can't be sure.

The diagrams on fordparts.com and parts.com seem to disagree with each other.

To add to the confusion, my coolant reservoir was changed under warranty about 5 years ago, so it might not be the same type that originally came with the car.

Does anyone know what the correct part number for me is? Also if you know the best/cheapest place to buy it.

I am getting tempted to just buy a generic piece of hose and use some cable ties to keep it away from the pulleys.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try a pull a part junkyard, it would only be about a dollar, or just take it off and go to a parts store and buy that length and diameter and route it yourself, it would be a lot cheaper and work just as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'll have to buy the generic hose and hold it in place with zip ties. I was hoping to avoid holding more parts of my car together with duct tape and cable ties :)

I never had such a problem finding exact replacement hoses for my Chevy's. Is this a Ford thing I have to look forward to as I replace more parts?

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
^^^^^ +1 A piece of fuel line will cost $2 maybe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts