Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need some help finding a coolant hose for my Sable, I have been to Napa and Rock Auto as well as searching the net but to no avail. I need the coolant hose assembly that connects on a 24v motor the steel pipe near the front exhaust manifold to the thermostat, to the coolant crossover tube and with out looking at the car now I cant remember where the third major hose goes. The assemble, at least on my car, used a plastic oddly shaped Y to connect all these different spots witch is what failed. Any one have any advice or part number? I have not tried the stealership yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23,363 Posts
My knowledge? stops @ the 99 tec. Might try searching a thread by firespirit on this issue. Am thinking she had a prob. finding same hose?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Search "goodyear hoses" or "dayco hoses" generally gives a pic and part#. Then you can search w a part num to be sure its right. Could even get an oe# and cross it

·
Registered
23,363 Posts
I found the thread by firespirit. Its: Duratec Problems, Help? It sounds as if that hose is dealer only. Ford part#8a521. Good luck.

·
Registered
23,363 Posts
I would check all of the local parts stores first, as that hose assy. is pricey @ ford. Ive had luck @ finding bizarre hoses @ adv auto and oreilly. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I found all hoses I needed for my 91 3.8 at Pep Boyz.....

·
Registered
834 Posts
Check out these two sites...if you haven't already...they both have illustrations...Fast Parts Network will often located the part if you drop them an email...and sometimes I find parts on the Motorcraft site even when the dealer parts counter doesn't...good luck

FastPartsNetwork
Motorcraft

1 - 9 of 9 Posts