Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How exactly is the mufflers mounted and where? How and where does the passenger side run so that it clears the EVAP? I went to the muffler shop and was quoted around $325 to get the pipes bent up but the guy isnt sure how and where to put them due to the EVAP. Does anyone have any pics that might help?? Please let me know asap.

-Kurk

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Standard mufflers won't fit in the "normal" location on the '04-'07 because parts of the EVAP system moved from where it was on earlier cars.

A few people have used narrower round mufflers, or mounted a single muffler before the split...look for Cheeto's exhaust setup on his '06.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm with sojiaraggs9000 on this one. I'm not putting Flowmasters on my gen4 I'm going with Magnaflow but still having difficulty figuring out where the second muffler is going to hang and where the pipe runs. If someone has a two muffler setup on a gen4 try to post a picture of how your pipe mapping looks, cuz this would be excellent help. And just saying this has been talked about before doesn't mean jack without a link to the location where the answer is, because I've searched too and came up with no pics.
:worthlesswithoutpics[1]:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wow, demanding answers is a great way to get them.

How does that old adage go? **** in one hand...

JR
[/b]
Just seems like you always have something negative to say about someones questions when they ask something similar to a topic ask like last year. Maybe the original question was never answered in the way that the new "asker" is asking. And that's why a new topic question was started. I know because I believe you have also nic-picked on questions I've posted in the past.
godspunk32's answer to everything is search it, not very helpful If I say.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Right, because we get 50 people a day asking how to make their Durtech fastar and why there aren't more mods available and why no one makes a cool looking body kit and how to put mad tyte exhaust on their cars and how to install a supercharger. No one wants to do any work anymore, they just want to be gifted everything. Everyone wants everyone ELSE to do the research.

The idea is that you do what research you can, read through old threads, check the wiki, and if you still can't find what you're looking for, THEN you put up a new post.

Hell, you can go search the archives and read stuff from back in 1999, if you wanted to. Or, you can PM a long time member and ask what the best way to go about finding information is. Putting up an additional post does nothing but take up bandwidth, server space, and clog up the forums so that its MORE difficult to find what you're looking for.

JR

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I can post pictures of my g4 with dual exhaust all day, and it wont help souljaraggs. The evap canister on the 00-03 cars is on the bottom of the spare tire well, like the g3 cars. On the 04+ cars, the canister is EXACTLY where the passenger side muffler would be on a "dual" setup. Skinnyguy, you're in luck. Your car is an 03, and the evap canister is under the spare tire well. You can literally hack off a g3 dual setup, and have it welded onto your car.

Cheeto ran his exhaust tip (not muffler) towards the outside of the bumper, to try and keep it away from the canister. Unless you hang the muffler directly underneath the canister, then a normal sized muffler wont fit in that location, on an 04+ car. This may work for a car with a kit on it, as the aftermarket lip/bumpers hangs much lower than stock, so the muffler might not be visible. On a stock bumpered car, it'll look like broken ass.

Also, I 100% agree with JR about searching. If searching "exhaust" yields you nothing, then you're not looking hard enough (lazy), or not searching right (retarded). Use different, and multiple, keywords to narrow down searching. It's not THAT hard. The only reason I'm answering is because it's going to turn into a bicker-fest, and I'm a softie.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I can post pictures of my g4 with dual exhaust all day, and it wont help souljaraggs. The evap canister on the 00-03 cars is on the bottom of the spare tire well, like the g3 cars. On the 04+ cars, the canister is EXACTLY where the passenger side muffler would be on a "dual" setup. Skinnyguy, you're in luck. Your car is an 03, and the evap canister is under the spare tire well. You can literally hack off a g3 dual setup, and have it welded onto your car.

Cheeto ran his exhaust tip (not muffler) towards the outside of the bumper, to try and keep it away from the canister. Unless you hang the muffler directly underneath the canister, then a normal sized muffler wont fit in that location, on an 04+ car. This may work for a car with a kit on it, as the aftermarket lip/bumpers hangs much lower than stock, so the muffler might not be visible. On a stock bumpered car, it'll look like broken ass.

Also, I 100% agree with JR about searching. If searching "exhaust" yields you nothing, then you're not looking hard enough (lazy), or not searching right (retarded). Use different, and multiple, keywords to narrow down searching. It's not THAT hard. The only reason I'm answering is because it's going to turn into a bicker-fest, and I'm a softie.
[/b]
Not meaning for a bickering fest or anything. But I have searched pretty extensively and only found half of what I was looking for. So understand why some members post new topics on old subjects. I just got tired of seeing godspunk tell the asker to search cuz I see it too often. If they can't help the member maybe they shouldn't be commenting to the post. Ya know just skip over it. But any who thanks for being polite about it.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
JR just wants people to utilize what this forum has to offer to it's full advantage. He might come off as brash, but he's really trying to help folks who don't know how to properly use the forum's search function. "You can catch a man a fish, and feed him for a day. You can teach a man to fish, and feed him for a lifetime". That's probably a good way to describe it.

I am one of SEVERAL g4's with dual exhaust. JR is, too. It's a very easy mod, if you're an 00-03 car. A more direct approach would be to go to a local exhaust shop, and ask about doing a "dual" axle-back setup on your car. They will most likely look at you like you're crazy, but I've seen several tauruses who aren't a member of this forum with duals. All they did was take some initiative and seek the answers they needed.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:picard2: All this drama over a simple question... Lol I did search up Cheeto's and FFV's setups before I even posted any thing . I even printed out some pictures of Cheeto's setup. Cheeto's setup was done with a round smaller magnaflow muffler. Then I came across FFV's post but it doesnt show and pics of how the pipes are ran. Sure cheeto's shows how they are ran but I can't exactly tell how he got around the hose on the front side right under the brake line on the passenger side. From the picture I can tell that he cut some of the splash guard/trim away but thats' about it. .:glare: I do search, Im sure if you look at my posts I only revisit a question if I'm not 100% sure on what needs to be done.

On the other hand I was thinking maybe the EVAP can be relocated?? Maybe an 00-03 EVAP can be swapped in?? What if I just use some high heat exhaust wrap?? :dunno: I found some stuff that can withstand 1200F. Would that work if I wrapped the section of pipe that ran near the EVAP?? Anyways..... thanks in advance for your answers and comments . It wasn't my intention to stir up drama.

-Kurk

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
yea i have been looking around for the same Kurk

but i have only found cheetos and ffv's

but i want to do dual super 40's....i was thinking maybe mouting them in the middle of the car some were and running the pipes towards the middle like Jose's

but i havent had any time to even look under the car as to were to mount them

but i have no work and only 1 class tomrrow so ill be changing the oil and while im under their ill look and get some pics up

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I've already seen the bottem side of my car. My first thought was to mount the 2 super 40's where the stock resonator is currently atn then run the pipes back but the fact still remiands I and the guy I talked to at the shop don't know how to run them without vapor locking my EVAP which isn't a good idea. Thats why I was asking for pics of how the pipes are ran from other people that have done this on a 04+.

-Kurk

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
thats why i would try to go stright back with out going around the EVAP....and i was also thinking just going with one i tihnk its called the super 44 or the 44...i forget

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
yea i have been looking around for the same Kurk

but i have only found cheetos and ffv's

but i want to do dual super 40's....i was thinking maybe mouting them in the middle of the car some were and running the pipes towards the middle like Jose's

but i havent had any time to even look under the car as to were to mount them

but i have no work and only 1 class tomrrow so ill be changing the oil and while im under their ill look and get some pics up
[/b]
My pipes only look good with the aas bumper. I have a factory bumper and it doesnt look as great. I dont know how it would look like on a G4

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've also got the fake dual setup on my G4. Gen III rear Y pipe, and dual 40's. Fits perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah but like FFV said the 00-03 EVAP is mounted on the bottom of the spare tire as to the 04-07 in which the EVAP is mounted right in the way of where the muffler would go. to tell youm the truth Id like to have my dual super 40s mounted rather than 1 with pipes split off from it. So I guess the main question I need answered is can the EVAP from a 00-03 be swapped out and or can a 04=07 EVAP be relocated so to make room??? If no seems I may have to go the single flowmaster super 40 mounted where the stock resonator is with pipes ran to the back.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Yeah but like FFV said the 00-03 EVAP is mounted on the bottom of the spare tire as to the 04-07 in which the EVAP is mounted right in the way of where the muffler would go. to tell youm the truth Id like to have my dual super 40s mounted rather than 1 with pipes split off from it. So I guess the main question I need answered is can the EVAP from a 00-03 be swapped out and or can a 04=07 EVAP be relocated so to make room??? If no seems I may have to go the single flowmaster super 40 mounted where the stock resonator is with pipes ran to the back.
[/b]

Imo, take one flowmaster/magnaflow, move the resonator up the pipe, place the magnaflow after the resonator. But, warning. You'll have drone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts