Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1997 Ford Taurus 3.0 l single cam. On the side of the engine going towards the fire wall the exhaust manifold is loose and coolant is shooting out? this is at the middle spark plug part of the manifold. Is there a water jacket causing this? Would this cause compression lost and stop the engine from running? I need a lot of help. Will the bolts somehow coming loose be even possible?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not familiar with the Vulcan but it sound like your head gasket is blown on that side. A better description of where the water is coming from would help. Your exhaust manifold being loose should not cause water to spray out but it could cause your O2 sensor to read lean and cause your plugs to foul causing it to not run properly. Just a guess so far. Need more info.

Ed

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
could be a freeze plug as well, I suggest removing the cowl to take a better look.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just read your post a little closer. I don't know if your manifold bolt screws into a water channel and should be sealed. I dont think so but maybe someone else can answer that for you. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts