Super Moderator
8,863 Posts
What is the theft light doing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your battery might be dead, or your starter has *hit the bed lol
Well its not the battery b/c its a brand new interstate, it was the starter.. it fried itself, How? i do not know all i know is it smelled like burnt wires when i pulled the starter out. the starter for a taurus cost anywhere from $100-160. i payed $145 for a re-manufactured Lifetime warrenty starter... so watch out guys when your starter goes expect to pay alot for a another one.. lol but im happy my baby is running again..

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
If you have the Vulcan engine, it could be due to where Ford put the oil filter on these cars, right above the starter where oil will run down into the brushes. I put paper towles over mine when I change the oil, the shops never do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have the Vulcan engine, it could be due to where Ford put the oil filter on these cars, right above the starter where oil will run down into the brushes. I put paper towles over mine when I change the oil, the shops never do.
yea i noticed that when i took out the old starter there was alot of old oil and engine gunk caked on the starter. im going to do the oil changes from now on since the so called Jiffy Lube grease monkeys dont realize to cover the starter...

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 04 taurus is not starting, i just had it runing 15 minutes ago, i shut it off and tried to start it back up now it wont start, its not even cranking....
My son's 2001 had same issue, told him to make SURE auto transmission selector is fully in Park. That solved a similar issue, hope all our issues are small!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.