Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to trash my taurus i fix somthing and somthing else brakes.

Does the DPFE sensor have anything to do with fuel control ??

I just finsih putting on a new Fuel Pressure Sensor/Regulator. And now my turns on, goes up to 1500-2000RPMS and then turns straight off. I cant even move the damn thing.

the DPFE sensor is about 30 bucks down here, but before i keep spending money on this car i want to know if this could be the problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just looked at my motor, its been sitting in my girlfriends house and now there a hole right after the throttle body where i think is the intake manifold. i dont know how or when this happen can air flow out of their causing not enough air and gas to make a combustion.

And to make matter worse, the car only revs to 600 RPMS and dies, the only way to make the car stay on is by keeping my foot on the gas...

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
...... right after the throttle body where i think is the intake manifold.......
Previous question was if the intake manifold is black? If black, it is plastic composite.

Do you mean it cracked and made a hole? As you said, it should be air-tight.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
You will need to replace the intake then if there's a hole in it. Un-metered air getting into the engine is causing it to run lean and the cause of your problem.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
To get it to move, unplug the electrical connector from the MAF. It should then start and run, but not run great. You should be able to drive it carefully , but dont do any WOT runs.

A too would like to see a picture of the hole.

·
Registered
430 Posts
You changed the DPFE and the Fuel Pressure regulator....Why? We need more info. Any codes? Check Engine Light? Hole in intake...is it a hole that is not supposed to be there or is something missing? Again a picture would help. Help us help you.

Ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts