Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i need help with romoving the grill on a 98 merc sable... i have removed the turn signals and the 2 screws that where behind them, now the bottem seems lose but the top seems to have 3 or 4 clips holdig it in, i have tryed pushing them down and up and pulling... i ca feel the back with my fingers ad cant feel any screws... if someone cold help that would be awsome

·
Registered
32 Posts
You have to remove the front bumper to get the grille out. Job is not that hard. I have 1999 Taurus and I can take the front bumper off in 15 minutes...I did the same job replacing the grille on my ex's 1998 Sable took me less then an hour to do the job.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Bumper Cover

Front

Removal and Installation

1. CAUTION: Never apply excessive heat to bumper surface. Heat could cause distortion of the bumper.

Open hood (16612).

2. Remove headlamp assemblies. Refer to «Section 17-01».

3. Remove one screw on each side retaining front bumper cover (17D957) to front fender (16005).

4. Raise vehicle on hoist. Refer to «Section 00-02». Remove lower radiator air deflector (8327). Refer to «Section 01-02».

5. Remove LH front fender splash shield (16102) and RH front fender splash shield (16103). Refer to «Section 01-02».

6. Remove two nuts on each side retaining front bumper cover to front fenders.

7. Remove five screws retaining front bumper cover to upper radiator support.

8. Disconnect wiring connectors from parking/turn signal and side marker lamp assemblies as necessary.

9. Remove front bumper cover from vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.