Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ASAP Engine mount PROBLEMS 2007 vulcan auto trans

I return to working field service 2-3 hundred miles per day Tuesday 01-19 but scared to drive so much with probs. I have a 2007 gen 4 vulcan 12v that first i had to replace dogbone, after it broke working same job. I heard a loud Bang, like i hit something, when i turned left at a traffic lite. Afterward, engine would bang when gas applied. Replaced dogbone mount which broke. That fix 80% of the noise but still Pops when taking off in R or D or driving down road, but more like a Pop than a bang. NEVER have heard bang or pop the first loud bang at traffic lite.! I figure something caused dogbone problem, maybe engine mounts I'm told. I looked at the two engine motor mounts and the Front (right side) mount looks ok (pic) but the Back firewall side (left side) mount is cracked and missing pieces of rubber (pic), and where the mount bolts to frame is bent, not exhaust part that is curved.. Transmission mount isn't cracked but looks deflated and strange, can peel rubber from it.(pics). Also the casing on transmission is missing a piece where it bolts to what looks like a second transmission mount, and that bolt is bent (pic). That bolt is located on front right transmission (front right of car). That is catacorner (is that a word, sp?) from the left firewall side engine mount that is cracked and the frame is bent. This car was hit on the left front (drivers side) before I bought it but was told it was minor. I've changed dogbone as i mentioned. Anyone who has read my past threads will know I have started repairing my car due to a mechanic? who wasn't very smart. He stated front (right) mount was broke and put wire from engine to where mount bolts, which seemed to help but only lasted a few days. [U]Will someone please look at these pics and what I need is this: Diagnosis: can you see which mount is messed up?, Best procedure for for fixing, can I get away with changing one or two engine/trans mount until I get more money?? To be honest, I don't know what to do.[/U] Attached are pics. Pics 1, 7, 8 are trans mount. Pic 2 is right engine mount front side of car. Pics 3,4,5,6 are left firewall side engine mount. Pics 9 and 10 show trans casing broken but still bolted to a mount and bolt w/2 nuts bent. Please help. thanks in advance!! ***I have more pics and can take more pics. I may have labeled some pics incorrectly as taken last night but think r correct..email is [email protected] / text 3182109075 B)

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was trying to edit, and post in engine and drivetrain, and did not know other post exists. If you can delete all post except the last, I'd appreciate it. I prolly can but not sure. I do play fair! See other posts I've made and you'll see.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Might consider replacing all three mounts or isolators as they are called by Ford. If the engine is moving or had moved as much as you indicated that may have damaged all of them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks automender. I did not post so much crap on purpose. Dman smartphones and Internet locally has gone whack-o. I've determined that the front isolator is bad along with many other things. The firewall side mount is cracked beyond the grooves normally in the mount. Transmission mount looks ok but is original and i can peel rubber from it. You are right in what you state and the vibration (i didnt mention) may be solved along with other probs.

I need the camshaft sensor and to replace plugs/wires which i have. The CS has been misdiagnosed for years and have bout tensioner twice, water pump and a couple belts, on advice of my x-mechanic dummy. Do you have any advice as to the CS? I read that there are 2 parts (sensor and bearing?) that can be replaced and by now, I'm certain i need both. Besides that, Im running ok except occasional trans slip, that could be mount related i suppose, maybe bolts are loose, or it just plain worn out....I have so much $$ in my car that I hate to sell it....the body is good, rides good, and is quiet inside. Thanks for your help!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
Johnhardwick
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing