Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Newbie here.

I have a 93 SHO ATX that I've owned for about a month now. It is green w/ the cloth insert interior. I got it with 178,500mi on it. Normally, I might not buy a car with that many miles, but the original owner is a friend of the family, so I know the car's history. The original owner took great care of it, although he wasn't afraid to "tickle the throttle" some. The SHO came with some mods (Borla exhaust, '96 brake conversion, chip, etc.), but I don't plan on doing anything else to it except drive and enjoy! I've wanted an SHO for a long time. The 93 is my fourth Taurus.

My first Taurus was an 89 GL with a Vulcan. I bought it used in 1990 with about 40,000mi. I ended up putting another 60,000 or so miles on it before it was "retired" to be used as an extra car for the family. It was sold years later to a neighbor, who was happy to get it, with about 130,000mi on the odometer. I really liked that car.

After I "retired" the 89, I went to a 90 GL wagon, which also had the Vulcan motor, in 1994. It had 27,000mi on it when I got it and I put on another 60,000 or so miles before I traded it about five years later.

I traded my second Taurus in on my third Taurus, which was a 99 SE with the Duratec. It had the Sport Group option. I bought it new, but ended up trading it about eight months later on another car. I did like that 99, though!

Anyway, I've been a big fan of the Taurus ever since I got my first one back in 1990!

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Well, welcome to your new addiction, The TCCA!!! I think you will find that we are all pretty good people in here. If you ahve any questions about your Bull, I'm sure someone in here will know the answer. Welcome to the family. Please feel free to contact any member or admin staff with any questions.

Jeff

J

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the club! That's cool that you've had such a Taurus history.
Congratulations on your SHO purchase!

Enjoy!

-Jason

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Welcome to the
! Enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Welcome, hope you enjoy the club!!!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, all! I'll get some pictures up later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts