Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 Taurus with 70k last summer. Asked for help car shopping and was talked into this even though I wasn't impressed by it. Still looking for reasons to love it. Have had a Camaro, Saab, Thunderbird, Lumina, and Mighty Max in the past. The only one I cared much about was the Mitsubishi, mostly because it was the only manual. I drive late model Prii (Prius) for work, find them pretty impressive also. Currently extremely satisfied with my BMW F650GS motorcycle for primary transportation, but decided to go with 4 wheels for the rural Wisconsin winter here.

On the negative side, handling feels rather sloshy and the driver's seat doesn't fit my tall frame well, head touches the ceiling in the position I prefer to sit. The gas pedal sticks closed and lacks touch when accelerating. The Ford dealer seems to have passed along a bunch of issues, just noticed while rotating tires that they didn't include a lug wrench with the spare, the frame is too rusted to support jacking without crumbling (though not really anything they could change), and the steering alignment is off enough to have caused an inch wide completely bald spot in 10k miles. (side note, WTF is with the fake lug nuts on the hub caps, is this kind of stupidity unique to Ford?)

On the positive side it has given me a solid 10k miles with no demands so far, and started on some seriously cold days while being parked outside. I'd say it is roomy, but the tiny pickup was much more practical for the few times I had much to haul. MPG of 25-27 seems so-so for the size. I never did much maintenance on my previous cars, so probably overlooked a bunch of flaws with them. I'm here to see if I can find more to appreciate about the bull...

·
Premium Member
7,300 Posts
Welcome to the club! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
cfrijouf
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing