Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, thought I'd introduce myself. I came here because I've been having so many problems I thought the people here might have some answers, advice, tips, etc. to help me figure my car problems out.
I've owned Ford for over 10 yrs now. My mechanic hates them though and thinks I need to bury them out back. I do want to get something new and sorry it won't be a Ford. I own 2 Taurus's and a Focus which has been a great little car, never any issues. Taurus, not so much. Other than that I really do like my Taurus's. They have been great travel cars. Comfortable, never has one died on the road with me until recently when the cold killed the starters in both at the same time. Anyway, don't want to get too long winded. Just wanted to say Hello. The one thing I will say from owning them for a few yrs is that almost the same things go bad in every one I've owned. Once in a while something new comes along. When it does it causes a major migraine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome!

... advice, tips, etc. ... My mechanic hates them though and thinks I need to bury them out back.
My first bit of (unsolicited) advice:

Find a mechanic with a better attitude. All cars have their problems, or quirks, and all of them break down. It is a fact of life. Any mechanic that has been around a while, and is reasonable, will understand that. If he thinks that Fords are so bad and unreliable, he really should love working on them, as that is how he makes his living.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Jim Beckett
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing