Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I was just out wasting time on the internet, and decided to check on the TCCA since I haven't been here in about 5 years. I founded the club in 1998, and am simply AMAZED at how it is now. When I ended up leaving the club we had just over 138 members, and now it is over 20k. Good lord. I heard there was some drama with one of the presidents after me, but I am glad the club continued and is going strong. It is kind of like seeing a child graduate from college and get a good job :)

If there is anyone here from the old days, drop a line and let me know how you're doing.

For those who remember my post-Vulcan project, my turbo/nitrous saturn was scrapped a little over 2 years ago due to life: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/675276. I had the sucker running 11s once I got it tuned. The thing was sick..

Being in my 30s, having a house, a wife and kids kind of takes most of my disposable income now. It's not like it was in the mid-late 90s :)

Can't wait for the kids to get out on their own. Then it's project car time again.

I hope everyone is doing well, and it will be interesting to see who (if anyone) is still around with their rides from back in the day.

-Bill

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Hey Bill, always good to see you stop in and say hi!

There are scarce few of us still around, but there are some of us left around.

TrueBlue comes to mind; I'll sure he'll chime in soon enough.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Really cool that someone like you comes and stops by :)

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Poc, whats up brother! Man I miss the good old days. I bought my 98 SE a couple months after the club started and have been in and around the boards ever since. Don't post as much as I used to due to not driving the Taurus anymore, but one day I will be back in a Taurus. Like X said, there are a few of us still around, but very few.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
So this is the Poc that Rudy speaks of. Nice to finally meet your acquaintance! :D

<<-------- Speaking of Rudy...

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Welcome back B)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bill,

First and foremost, Welcome back to TCCA!

And second, Thank you starting this club. It has been a God sent many times over :) I have learned so much from it's members and Vendors.

As for the BK (aka.. Before Kids) part, I am there with you. Before my sons, I build Race/Show Trucks, sometimes spending upwards to $75,000 on a single project, in the late 80's/early 90's.. now I stay in the $2500-6000 total range for a project. But I get the joy of my oldest turning 16 this year, and building one with him.. having children is worth it, when things like that happen!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello...nice to meet the guy who started it all. I am a recent member, but use to frequent these pages some ten years ago when I was young and driving a clean 91 plus. I am desperately trying to recapture those days. I have two kids and a wife now...who really doesn't "get it" when it comes to these things, but my son is finally SHOwing some interest at ten years old. Now with the release of the 2010 Taurus and SHO these pages will be running still 10 years from now. B)

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Thanks for stopping by! B)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
THANKS! :notworthy: Love the site and the fact that I've found others that have a Taurus(/Sable) and really enjoy driving them! :thumb: :tcca:

·
Registered
340 Posts
:salute: Thank you for starting the site of my favorite car. I used to build them in Atlanta and always had an affinity for the Taurus. I have owned Tauruses since 1995. I am on my 3rd Taurus and am seriously thinking about the new SHO.

Again thank you for the website.

have a good one

Bob

·
Registered
799 Posts
What's a Taurus?

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Cool.

Thanx for stopping in. There are a few oldies floating around still.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Hey, I'm still around to, just come on once in a while.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Hello,

I still come on here to browse now and then, but I am one of the members from the original forum and I remember coming on DAILY when it was just around 20 (maybe, if that) active people on the forum.

<------- Notice my member number....21!

I've had so many Taurii that it's hard to count any more, but first being a 99 SE Sport, then a 2000 SEL, then a 2001 SES (after the SEL was totaled), and then back to a 1998 SE, until finally a 98 black SHO, to a 92 beater Taurus L wagon (lol) <--- funny car.

Finally, in 2006 I traded in my beloved SHO for a new 06 focus SES sedan...cool little car.

Then, last year, I traded in the 06 Focus for something a little nicer, a 04 Lincoln LS V8 w/ Sport Package. I always wanted an LS and FINALLY got one - love it.

I still browse these forums and wonder if anyone had even remembered me, suprised so many of the old people are on here, even the more "RECENT" old people, like Bull geek (i remember him posting about having bike grease on his moms honda accord, or his dads BMW getting keyed), or Qwertz, his trusty sable and he loved that column shifter...lol.

Glad so many of you are still Taurus proud...maybe a 2010 will be in my future? Or who knows? A gen 4 is still pretty cool??

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Member Number 22,888 :)

Must be doing something right!

Good number too; 22 - 2002 taurus; ,888 - sept. 7, 1988
Maybe I just like to make connections. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts