Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even after fully warmed up my Taurus's heater only blows luke warm air. I've checked the anti-freeze level, the hose is fine, I'm stumped. This seems like it is going to be a big job if I have to remove the dash and replace the heater. Any thoughts. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
There are shortcuts that cut the job down to around 2-3 hrs. Just check youtube for "taurus heater core". If it's a Vulcan go ahead and replace the water pump and flush the system too.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
You might try flushing out the heater core (in both directions) with it disconnected from the cars plumbing, and replacing your thermostat first before tackling a core change.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
before you pull the core out, verify the air flow flapper is moving and the vac lines don't have a leak.

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Google: macs-airsept and click on the first pdf and scroll down to heater core repair/tips before replacing core. Also, google: taurus heater core shortcut video on youtube.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Give this a try f you are still having problems. I have done everything short of replacing the heater core still no heat. Then I tried this and I have heat again. However, when you first turn the water on make sure you don't turn it on full blast. After doing this a few times and making sure the water looks clear you should be good to go.
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/98-...29385-writeup-clinton-gen-3-heater-flush.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts